With the growing interest of cardiovascular computed tomography around the world, international membership in the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) has been increasing annually. As the number of SCCT members in a particular country or region grow to a certain size, it becomes feasible for those members to be able to establish an International Regional Committee (IRC) of SCCT. The Board of Directors recognizes this and actively encourages the formation of International Regional Committees for the mutual benefit for the local members in those regions and SCCT. IRCs are committees set up to promote cardiovascular CT and the objectives of SCCT in a certain region.
Australia/New Zealand (ANZ) IRC
- Mark your calendars for the Third Annual Scientific Meeting of SCCT BRAZIL to be held September 13 -15, 2013 in conjunction with the VI National Cardiac Radiology Symposium in Sao Paulo Brazil. More information coming soon.
- Learn more about the Brazil IRC
- The Canada IRC will be the host country for the SCCT 8th Annual Scientific Meeting (SCCT2013) in Montréal, Canada and is pleased to offer Fellows and Residents in Canada, the opportunity to win Free Registration by submitting an abstract.
- All abstracts submitted and accepted by Fellows/Residents in Canada will be automatically considered for the award. Three (3) winners will be chosen by the Canada IRC in early May. Please click here for abstract submission instructions.
- Learn more about the Canada IRC
- SCCT is pleased to welcome China as the newest IRC. This IRC Chair is Dr. Li Yang, Professor and Director of the Department of Radiology, General Hospital of People Liberty Army of China, Beijing. Dr. Bin Lu, Professor and Vice-Director of the Department of Radiology, Fu Wai Cardiovascular Institute and Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing will be Co-Chair. The other members of the China IRC leadership are:
- Yong-jian Wu, MD Professor and Vice-director of the Department of Cardiology, Fu Wai Cardiovascular Institute and Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing
- Jian-ding Ye, MD Professor and Director of the Department of Radiology, Shang Hai Pulmonary Hospital, Jiao-Tong University of Shang Hai, Shang Hai
- Fu-hua Yan, MD Professor and Director of the Department of Radiology, Shang Hai Rui-jin Hospital, Jiao-Tong University of Shang Hai, Shang Hai
- Xu-hui Zhou, MD Associate Professor of the Department of Radiology, The first affiliated Hospital of Shong-shan University, Guang Zhou
- Min-wen Zheng, MD Professor and Vice-Director of the Department of Radiology, Xi-jing Hospital, The fourth Medical University of People Liberty Army of China, Xi An, China
- Xi-ming Wang, MD, Professor of the Department of Radiology, Imaging Institute of Shan-dong Province, Ji Nan, China
- Pei-ling Li, MD Associate Professor of the Department of Radiology, The first Affiliated Hospital of Medical University of China, Shen Yang, China
- Learn more about the China IRC
- The newly established Israel IRC will be part of a joint SCCT Israeli Heart Society symposium during the 60th Annual Meeting of the Israeli Heart Society. The session will be held on April 23, 2013 (Cardiac Imaging 2, starting on 2:45 pm). Learn more at www.israelheart.com.
- The first SCCT Israel IRC symposium will be announced later this year.
- Learn more about the Israel IRC
- Mark your calendars! The 7th Annual Scientific Meeting of SCCT Japan IRC will be held on Saturday, September 7 in Tokyo, Japan. More information will be coming soon.
- Learn more about the Japan IRC
- Visit the Japan IRC website
- The 1st Annual Meeting of SCCT Korea IRC was successfully held from February 22-23, 2013 in Seoul, Korea. There were 205 participants from 15 countries, and 35 lectures were presented at various scientific sessions in addition to 2 luncheon symposiums, 1 dinner symposium, and industry exhibitions. The meeting extensively covered up-to-date information about cardiac CT, and the participants had the opportunity to obtain ground-breaking knowledge and share their own experiences in this fast-growing and fascinating field of medicine. Furthermore, the participants had a chance to socialize and interact with colleagues and friends from Korea, Asia, and beyond.
1st Annual Meeting of SCCT Korea IRC
- Click here to learn more about the Korea IRC
Latin America IRC
- Learn more about the Latin America IRC
- The Latin-America IRC is currently collaborating with Brazil and other Latin America countries to write a book about cardiac CT and MR for the Latin America community.
Middle East IRC
- The Middle East IRC will be participating in the 44th Annual Congress of the Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine (ESRNM ) April 13-15, 2013 at the Cairo Convention and Exhibition Center in Egypt. For more information click here.
- For more information, visit the Middle East IRC website
- Coming off the success of their jointly run conference with the British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging( BSCI), the UK IRC will continue to work closely with the BSCI to encourage the highest quality of cardiac CT practice and education to foster closer global research collaboration.
- Learn more about the UK Regional Committee
To learn more about the International Regional Committee Policy, which details the criteria for IRCs, click here.
If you are interested in creating an International Regional Committee, please contact SCCT at email@example.com.